Monday, 27 September 2010

FxCamera

FxCamera is an app with different type of effects to take photos in.

There's the ToyCam effect, which adds cross-process emulation colour over the image. You can set different colour modes to take the photo in, such as a green, blue or yellow emulation, or a vivid green or red, and a couple of high contrast modes. I think this is probably the best effect in the app as you can get some really nice photos with it.

Another effect is Polandroid (I thought that's quite a clever name adding Android in), but that's simply just a Polaroid camera effect. A cool effect if you like the old Polaroid camera photos.

There's also Fisheye, which adds an effect that the image is rounded like the end of a camera lense, but it's not very well done in FxCamera, but that might explain why this effect is still in beta.

SymmetriCam is pretty self explanatory. It just creates a symmetric photo of what you've taken, and the last effect is Warhol, which creates a Warhol style photo (the photo with four of the same photos on in different colour hues).

The app also has a normal camera on, which lets you add some filters such as monotone, sepia, negative, posterize and solarize, just like you'd find on most digital cameras.

The app is free, and can be found on the Market by searching for FxCamera, or scan the QR code below with your phone to open Market URL, or use Chrome-to-Phone to send the Market URL straight to your phone (right click on the URL and Chrome-to-Phone).

FxCamera Market URL

34 comments:

  1. Interesting and free, no doubt i'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I love funny photo effects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I'll have to check out this app

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get this app for my Droid. I like how the Droid is open sourced but Apple slaps you into their walled garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might get it if I ever get a phone

    ReplyDelete
  6. just showing some love :)

    mitsuruchan12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty awesome! I haev an iPhone, and I use the QR codes all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds really awesome, I could see myself fooling around with that thing all day long.

    Can't wait to see all the features out of beta though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds cool, i think theres an app like that for the iphone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool, a free apps!

    This makes android more and more appealing to me ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Then what are you waiting for Cynthia? Get one :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like apps. one of these days i'll like them enough to get a smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting, I'll have to check this app out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a good post that makes me want to come back for more

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so incredibly handy. I'm glad the droid OS is keeping up with gay apple iphone 4 stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thx for the great post! I will definitely come back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This almost makes me want to buy an Android compatible phone...

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cool now you have the barcode scanner on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. checkin' this app out, thanks! following.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thx, bro, need to try it out..

    ReplyDelete