Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Google SkyMap

Google SkyMap is an app that lets you view the solar system on your phone. You point your phone in any direction and you can see the locations of planets, star constellations, galaxies etc.

The app is pretty interesting to look at. It comes with photos that have been taken by the hubble telescope such as the Eagle Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy, Whirlpool Galaxy and Ring Nebula. You can click these photos and locate them within SkyMap, which is pretty interesting.

The app can be found in the Android Market by just searching for SkyMap. It can also be installed to SD card for users with Android 2.2.

21 comments:

  1. nice read... can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has piqued my interests

    ReplyDelete
  3. amagad man, this thing looks sweeeeet, cant wait do download it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw that one on a commercial. I was like Wooaaaaaaaahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. spit in my mouth

    check it http://kadams133.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being someone who can barely find the Big Dipper this would be quite useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopping by to show the love :)

    show it back!!!

    Dee xx

    www.theresamouseunderyourpillow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am seriously getting this app right now. Is there a referral you have that I can use for you??

    ReplyDelete
  9. There isn't a referral link unfortunately :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. showin my support, please do the same =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. followed and supported

    http://wordofdodd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. showin my daily support, keep up the great posts and hit me back =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. good job, your blog has a strong following

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was going to get this app on my Aria but I switched back to the iPhone. The iPhone has an app called StarWalk that does the same thing. Very cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Google is taking over cyber space :P

    ReplyDelete