Thursday, 23 September 2010

Relax and Sleep

Relax and Sleep is another app that was suggested by a follower. The app is full of relaxing sounds that you can play to yourself while trying to sleep. Can be useful if you suffer from things such as tinnitus and find it hard to sleep when it's dead quiet.

The sounds that can be played are things like the ocean, summer rain, heavy rain, white noise, windchimes, thunder, crickets, and various musical instruments.

There's also a random button, then lets you shake your phone and it will randomly select a few sounds to play together, or you can choose however many sounds you want to mix together yourself to play. You can also set playlists up for sounds you've combined to play.

 A timer can also be set for how long you want the sounds to be played for, so you're not leaving them on all night, or you can use it as an alarm clock.

The main program is free off the Market by searching for "Relax and Sleep", and there's also an expansion you can add on, which costs £1.45, which has a link to it through the main program, which adds more playlist slots, and couple more customisation options.

37 comments:

  1. I just read an article about how android users are more tech savvy. I'd find it for you but I'm lazy. It was in the San Francisco Chronicle. I think their website is sfgate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yea it is on there. Having a read now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun!

    check out my new blog, The Stepback Fadeaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. will do as you say, mite work for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, seems really cool! Btw no more blog backgrounds problem for me, looks very fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how creative people get with apps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you make it say "daddy you're hurting me"?

    Cause thats the only sound i can fall asleep to...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can add custom sounds with the expansion, so maybe...

    @Cynthia - Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds nice. I basically live in a basement and I really miss hearing the sound of rain on a roof.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fall asleep to the sound of distant explosions, machine gun fire and screams. All conservatives do. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. yuz blog design is cool, where did you get it from?
    the main theme i mean, i love the semi-transparent windows

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the "Travel" theme in the blog templates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this app is awesome! i really should look into this smartphone thing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. following and showing daily love...

    check out my blog - still new at this

    http://nixtwiblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have tinnitus and I have had trouble falling asleep so this might be useful... he he

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a good thing going here :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The iphone has a similar app called White Noise that I use quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is a similar app for the iphone called White Noise that I use quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  20. damn...i need to use this to get too work

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome app why didn't i think of that

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to see you reviewed this one for me too :)

    ReplyDelete