Monday, 9 July 2012

HTC One X

First of all, sorry for lack of updates again. Been busy with work/trips to London.

After I made the previous post about the MAO problem, I went in to Carphone Warehouse again as my 4th One S had chipped again. I went in to see what they said in the Morecambe store, and they only had one One S in stock, and it was a HT23 S/N, so I wasn't going to touch that. 

The guy had a look at where else had them in stock, and the nearest store to have one in stock was Barrow, and then after that Dumfries, so there's a huge shortage at the moment.

I told him to check my notes page on my account as there's a full run through of what problems I've been having and he read through and saw that I tried to get a One X, but they wouldn't let me. He said he can exchange my One S for a One X. He said he shouldn't do it, as for the reasons I've been told, but because I've been having so many problems with the One S, he'll do it for me.

So I walked out with a One X. 

I wasn't completely happy with it at first. I did love the One S. The build quality was amazing with the aluminium, and it felt really solid. The One X does feel plasticy, but still solid. I guess I just prefer the MAO aluminium on the One S.

The performance isn't what you'd expect. Especially on stock ROM/kernel. The Sense launcher was really sluggish, where with the One S, it was really smooth, and fast. I was hitting close to 5100 points on Quadrant with the One S with LeeDroid ROM, and was getting low 4000 with LeeDroid's One X ROM.

I flashed Franco Kernel on the One X, and that helped with performance a bit, but not by a lot. I went further and gave the SuperCharger V6 Script a run, which seemed to help, and then flashed the Ultra Smooth Rosie mod. This resulted in a much smoother and faster performance. I did an initial Quadrant run and hit 4993 points, which is a huge improvement. I'll let the changes settle in for a few days and give it another run.

It's just a shame that the phone isn't up-to-par with what it should be on stock. The Tegra 3 chip is as serious  performer on paper. but in the phone it's just not optimised enough. I'll make another post soon with a full list of tweaks and everything I did.

4 comments:

  1. I seriously considered the One X but decided to go with the Galaxy S2. When I weighed cost vs performance, I decided that the S2 was really all the phone I needed. Sucks that the One X wasn't as awesome as it is suppose to be. I'm ready to play with the S3 and see if it will live up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete